Monday, September 9, 2013

Prenatal Development and Childbirth My birthing experience with my first child was extremely painful and stressful. I stayed in labor for 18 hours. Most of the time, I was screaming. I decided that I did not want any pain medicine with any of my children. The unknown about childbirth is what causes so much stress and unnecessary pain. I had my second child eight years later and the experience was so much different. I stayed in labor for only 7 hours and I learned to not scream. I learned breathing techniques and prayed a lot. I have learned that no matter how many classes you attend, you are never totally prepared for childbirth. After experiencing childbirth, you have a much better idea of what to expect and how to handle it. My thoughts on childbirth: I believe that childbirth is the best thing that a women can every experience. The warm feeling that you get as your child is enter this world is worth every pain and I can't even explain the feeling you get when you hear that first cry. It is AWESOME! In the Netherlands, most childbirth takes place with a midwife. A nurse stays seven days to take care the baby and mother and help around the house. Sometimes, the mother may chose to go to the hospital and if everything is okay, the mother and baby may go home in two hours. Pain medicine is not given unless the doctor thinks it is necessary. This is similar to the birth of my children because I did not have any pain medicine, but that was my choice. The mothers in the Netherlands don't have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment